A Snapchat Entity Box Leads to a Featured Snippet Instead of a Carousel

Key Moments in episode 154 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 The Brand SERP for Snapchat00:13 Their app and Twitter Boxes dominating the top results00:24 Typical entity boxes result00:41 Unexpected entity box result!00:56 Practical Tip: Expect a slight change from Google results from time to time Snapchat’s groovy Knowledge Panel contains two sets of […]

YouTube Thumbnail Strategy Spotted on Powtoon’s Brand SERP

Key Moments in episode 137 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for Powtoon00:07 What is Powtoon?00:16 Powtoon’s super rich left rail00:30 Videos with key moments00:39 Practical tip: Powtoon’s thumbnail strategy revealed Sometimes looking at a Brand SERP can give you incredible insights on how to improve not just your Brand SERP strategy […]

Alexa’s Iconic Voice Convinces Google to Reveal its Knowledge Sources

Key Moments in episode 94 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for Alexa00:06 What is in Alexa’s left rail?00:22 Tiny images in the knowledge panel00:35 Google sites its source in the knowledge panel01:09 Practical tip: Make sure Google gets the information from YOU What reliable sources does Google trust for the information […]

Descript Need Two Knowledge Panels for its Two Distinct Entities

Key Moments in episode 92 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for Descript00:07 What is Descript?00:29 A missing related search dropdown00:47 A knowledge panel for each entity01:18 Practical tip: How to distinguish the company from the product Every brand deserves a knowledge panel but sometimes brands need more than just one knowledge […]

A Test on Google SERPs: Category Filters in Siri’s Video Boxes!

Key Moments in episode 91 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for Siri00:07 What is Siri?00:20 Lozenges and pills on the video boxes00:41 Testing the category filters01:04 Practical tip: How to rank on category filtered results The filters (sometimes called pills or lozenges) we often see above the image boxes in a […]

TeuxDeux’s Groovy Sitelinks with a ‘Purpose’. Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

Key Moments in episode 49 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for TeuxDeux00:06 An app trying to be French00:20 TeuxDeux’s rich sitelinks with an atypical about page00:56 Is ‘Purpose’ great for an about page? This app have some awesome ways of representing their brand. It starts with the name of the brand […]

How Long Does it Take to Dominate a Brand SERP ? Ask Clubhouse !

Key Moments in episode 37 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for Clubhouse00:06 Clubhouse’s dominance among entities with the same name00:13 How long before Clubhouse dominated their Brand SERP00:43 Practical tip: You can teach Google about who you are even with an ambiguous entity name Clubhouse is a pretty new, upcoming social […]

Windy’s Stunning Control over their Brand SERP

Key Moments in episode 13 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for Windy00:03 Dominance over entity ambiguity00:18 90% owned Brand SERP00:41 Where the remaining 10% goes? For an ambiguous term, Windy have done an astonishing job in almost completely owning their Brand SERP. Despite windy being a phenomenally common word in English, […]

What Makes SE Ranking’s Brand SERP so Convincing to their Audience?

Key Moments in episode 6 of the Daily Brand SERP series: 00:00 Brand SERP for SE Ranking00:07 Great reviews on SE Ranking Brand SERP00:23 Practical tip: How to convince your audience with your Brand SERP We all know how important reviews are for a SaaS platform, especially for converting prospects in the consideration phase. But […]