Thumbnail for Videos: Half a Fail with People Also Ask on Merck's Brand SERP

Key Moments in episode 4 of the Daily Brand SERP series:

00:00 Brand SERP for Merck
00:16 Interesting Fact about People Also Ask
00:25 How many PAAs are answered by Merck
00:41 Practical Tip: How to answer other PAAs on your Brand SERP

Half a Fail From Merck with People Also Ask on their Brand SERP

Unlike most brands, Merck is doing a reasonable job on the People Also Ask on their Brand SERP. 90% of brands answer ZERO PAA on their Brand SERP. Merck is in the remaining 10%, which is great. But they could do better. Find out what they can do to answer more of the questions surrounding their brand.

Kalicube’s #DailyBrandSERP  July 12th 2021 presented by the Brand SERP Guy, Jason Barnard.


Hi today, we’re looking at Merck’s Brand SERP and in particular, we’re looking at People Also Ask. Why is that interesting?

Now what’s interesting about People Also Ask is only 9% of brands answer any of the questions that appear on that Brand SERP. Let’s see how Merck do. They’ve got that first one about us Merck, is it American or German? That’s Wikipedia. They could answer that question. They’ve got that one, great stuff. What drugs does it manufacture?

And they don’t answer, what is Merck famous for? All they need to do is create a page that clearly answers those two questions that are missing and they will almost certainly get all four People Also Ask on their Brand SERP.

Thanks a lot.

Similar Posts